The Center for Leadership and Community Engagement facilitates mutually beneficial partnerships between the Mason community and community organizations. We support these evolving relationships to ensure they contribute to both community development goals and student learning objectives.
- Support for faculty integrating community based learning pedagogy into their courses
- Point of contact for community organizations seeking mutually beneficial partnership with George Mason University faculty and students
- Opportunities for students to earn course credit through their leadership and engagement in the local community
- Alternative Break trips
- Scholarship on community based learning pedagogy, student leadership development and the intersection of leadership, civic engagement and student learning
- Co-sponsorship of campus events that promote community engagement and leadership development opportunities for students
- Minor in Leadership Studies
- Minor in Nonprofit Studies
We can help you make the connection between student learning goals and the opportunity to make a positive difference in our community.